SDI Try ScubaSold Out
SDI SCUBA DISCOVERY PROGRAM
For those who want to test the waters and try scuba, this is the course for you! The SDI Scuba Discovery Program gives you a glimpse of what you can expect to experience in the underwater world as well as what you could expect to learn in the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course. During this experience program, you will go through the basic safety procedures for enjoyable scuba diving under the watchful eye of an active SDI Instructor.
You will learn skills such as equalizing your ears, buddy checks, basic buoyancy control, underwater communication, and more. You will also be given an introduction to basic scuba equipment followed by an underwater tour in the local pool or aquatic environment.
Who this course is for:
- Those who would like to experience the underwater world
- Those who would like an introductory course to scuba diving prior to enrolling in the Open Water Scuba Diver Course
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
During this program, the following topics will be covered… and more!
- Basic overview of physics/physiology and how it relates to diving
- Equalization techniques
- Scuba equipment assembly
- Underwater communications
- Buoyancy control and underwater swimming
- Regulator and Buoyance Compensator Device (BCD) use
- Underwater communication
- Use of gauges
What’s in it for you:
- Introduction to scuba diving
- Experience underwater breathing and swimming before purchasing the complete SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course
SDI Try Scuba minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Complete Medical Evaluation Form and Liability Waiver
How do I take this course?
- Sign up and we'll reach out to schedule
$25.00 will be credited towards SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course upon successful completion of Try Scuba when you decide to become certified.
All equipment that you need to complete an underwater experience in our training pool facility.